The blue 'Privacy settings' box in the bottom right corner is a new legal requirement under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). It can’t be dismissed or hidden as the idea is that it must be easy to access at all times should you wish to change your settings.

Might be a stupid question. Are these nettles? Haha

NotyalcaNotyalca Posts: 92
I have sowed lots and lots of seeds in my new bed so I’ve been waiting for everything to grow before I start weeding so I know what’s what.   
So here’s were my stupid question starts haha. I’ve been away for a few days and come back to nettles everywhere. I’ve come to pick them out but there not stinging me haha.  Every year I get stung to death pulling nettles out.  I’ve even touched them on purpose and now I’m doubting myself even though I know they look just like nettles 😂

And please don’t be rude.  I know they quite obviously look like nettles. 

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICTPosts: 11,520
    edited 16 May
    Yes, they do look like nettles.
    One sure way to find ouch.....when they are a bit bigger.
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 3,408
    edited 16 May
  • NotyalcaNotyalca Posts: 92
    That ms my point pansyface I’ve touched them, Brushed past them. One of my kids sat in a patch whilst I had my back turned.  And nothing!! No one hasn’t been stung hahah
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 1,126
    What did you sow? it might give us more of a clue
    AB Still learning
    Im actually very surprised I still have the list. I thought Id binned it.    Apologies for how scruffy it is. Hope you can read it haha  

there may have been some more since then but that was the first lot I put in the garden. (Not all went into This particular bed)
    This bed is just for red and yellow flowers and a few whites if that helps 
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 11,820
    They are definitely nettles. Pull them out now before the stings develop.
    It's not a mess, it's a nature reserve.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 45,897
    They are definitely nettles. Pull them out now before the stings develop.
    Yes ... those are nettles ... I spent my childhood in fields, hedgerows and ditches ... definitely stinging nettles aka Urtica dioica.
    If you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit. You won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it.” 
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 902
    Snip the new growth and make a tea with some sage leaves and mint. Lovely  :) You can dry out the spare tops and keep using them for tea for months. It also goes well with elderflower which will be along shortly and I like it with red clover flowers but that might not be to everyone's taste.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 45,897
    Steam them and add them to mashed potatoes = Nettle Champ 

https://www.recipelion.com/Irish-Recipes/Irish-Nettle-Champ 
    If you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit. You won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it.”