Forum home Problem solving

Over run with dandelion seeds!

Any help is appreciated! 
My house is at the end of a culdesac near some farmers fields, the past few days the dandelion seeds have been taking off and blowing EVERYWHERE. All over my front and back garden, in the flower beds, on the lawns.. literally everywhere. It’s the same for everyone. Any help on how to stop them from planting them selves? Or how to get them up, I was considering the hoover? 😂 

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 8,891
    99% of them will get eaten as they're a good food source for wildlife. That still means you'll have some weeding to do though I'm afraid. Or leave them and enjoy the flowers. :)

It's the same here with willow herb. At the end of my street is a forestry that has been partially cleared and it's awash with willow herb in late summer. The seeds drift down the street like snow.
    Tradition is just peer pressure from dead people
  • BlenkironBlenkiron Posts: 44
    99% of them will get eaten as they're a good food source for wildlife. That still means you'll have some weeding to do though I'm afraid. Or leave them and enjoy the flowers. :)

It's the same here with willow herb. At the end of my street is a forestry that has been partially cleared and it's awash with willow herb in late summer. The seeds drift down the street like snow.
    Thanks for the reply! That’s good to know that most will be eaten... hopefully the birds will get to them before the 50 cats round here get the birds 😂