Shrub with 'fluffy' yellow flowers

Hello and thank you for reading this.

We currently have 3 families of nesting sparrows in our (small) front garden. The sparrows used to gather in our neighbours' shrub but they removed it a couple of years ago and don't know what it was called.

I'd like to plant one in our garden but can't find out what it is. Can anyone help, please?

It was about 4 feet high and about 3 feet wide, with yellow flowers that had a sort of scruffy pompom look to them. I think it remained green all year round but couldn't be certain of that.

Thanks!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,029
    My guess is that it was Kerria japonica 'Pleniflora' 

https://www.gardenersworld.com/plants/plant-finder/kerria-japonica-pleniflora/ 

:) 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• That's exactly it! Thank you so much. 
    Glad to help.   There was one growing through a pretty rambling rose in the garden when I was a child.  I've always been fond of it.  :)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• ButtercupdaysButtercupdays Posts: 2,584
    Good luck with it.
    I had two, but I and many others lost them to a fungal blight that affected kerrias all over the country a handful of years ago.
    If you can find any in garden centres  it might be worth trying again, but I haven't seen as many about as there used to be.
  • Thank you. I will post a picture if i get hold of one. 
  • hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 3,931
    If you have the patience I could root a cutting for you in the next few months.
    'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
    I seem to remember that it takes well from layering  :)

• hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 3,931
    Yes, I will check tomorrow when out in the garden and see if there are any already. Roots quite easily I think.
    'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • Wow, thank you so much!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.