The blue 'Privacy settings' box in the bottom right corner is a new legal requirement under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). It can’t be dismissed or hidden as the idea is that it must be easy to access at all times should you wish to change your settings.

I wish people would complete the 'about' bit or at least say where they are

B3B3 Posts: 5,963
That's my point :)
In London. Keen but lazy.

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 24,619
    I don't have permission to do that :) Edit profile is not an option

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 45,897
    edited 14 May
    It is helpful for many queries. 

@B3. If you go into your profile you can enter your location which will show beneath  your Board Name at the head of your posts ... as you'll see next to my name above B)  
    If you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit. You won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it.” 
  • B3B3 Posts: 5,963
    'I'm sorry, Hal. I'm afraid I can't do that.'
  • LynLyn Posts: 9,453
    I thought that had been sorted now? 
    Its ok on iPad, don’t know about laptop or PC though. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 45,897
    @NoraGW. Is this still a problem? I thought there was a Workaround ?
    If you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit. You won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it.” 
  • B3B3 Posts: 5,963
    edited 14 May
    Mine's ok mostly but when I look at the bio bit on most posters, there's nothing there. I assumed that people weren't completing it. I didn't realise that there was a technical problem.
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 3,408
    I think if you log out and log back on, it should let you edit your profile. It's still glitching.
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 24,619
    yes, it accepted Peterborough 
    Thanks Fire
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 902
    I didn't realise there was an about section so thanks for raising the point. I can see how it would be helpful in answering some questions. My garden might be a vastly different set of growing conditions to someone in Cornwall for example.
  • Blue OnionBlue Onion Posts: 1,770
    I've tried multiple times over the past while, but I do not have 'permission' to edit my location on either iPad or Chrome via PC.  It did let me edit signature, so that's where I stuck location.  

It it ought to be part of the signing up prompts.. user name, location, password, etc.  
    Utah, USA.