Forum home Tools and techniques

Ozito cheap cordless mower

Having shredded the cable on my Bosch 32-12 (£79) and with B&Q being out of stock on their cheapest mower (MacAllister £56) I decided to go for the offer at Homebase on the cordless Ozito (£99).

Put the battery to charge when I got home.  About an hour later Indecided to put it together.

The grass collector is infuriating. 15-20mins I reckon it took.

The mower itself took a couple of minutes to attach the handles, set the height and plug in the battery.



It’s much lighter than my corded Bosch.

Lawn done in what felt like half the time with half the faff.

Dragged it into an overgrown corner that wouldve been a hassle with cables too.

Early days obviously, but I’m very pleased with it.

8/10
«1

Posts

  • FlinsterFlinster Posts: 878
    Glad you are happy with it. We bought a cordless one in the autumn as the garden is tiered and lugging our old one up there, finding the extension cable etc took more time than mowing the lawn! I love ours!
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 5,026
    Let us know how long the battery lasts between charges.  Also, did you get a 2nd battery with it?  If not do you have any idea how much one will cost?
  • JoeXJoeX Posts: 1,504
    KT53 said:
    Let us know how long the battery lasts between charges.  Also, did you get a 2nd battery with it?  If not do you have any idea how much one will cost?
    Just an update as I’ve used it for a few months now.

    The battery lasts just long enough to mow my lawn and the woodland corner.

    I charge it overnight, so I don’t know how long it takes. And it’s usually empty of charge when Inplug it in.

    I didn’t get a second battery, although I did consider it. Replacements are £55
  • stewyfizzstewyfizz West BromwichPosts: 161
    I bought a cheap ish Spear and Jackson one from Argos in the spring. Mowing the lawns is now a 20 minute job rather than an hour, and most of that was unwinding/rewinding extension lead and stopping and moving the power cable. Battery seems fine on this one. Only have to charge it every other cut. Lovly Jubbly as they say.
    Gardening. The cause of, and solution to, all of my problems.
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 5,026
    I was thinking about the Gtech until I discovered a second battery costs £150.
  • widgetwilk annwidgetwilk ann North NorfolkPosts: 305
    Tin Pot, was it this may you got your Ozito?? if so, how has it been through the summer,
    sounds interesting, Im thinking of getting a cordless
  • widgetwilk annwidgetwilk ann North NorfolkPosts: 305
    stewyfizz said:
    I bought a cheap ish Spear and Jackson one from Argos in the spring. Mowing the lawns is now a 20 minute job rather than an hour, and most of that was unwinding/rewinding extension lead and stopping and moving the power cable. Battery seems fine on this one. Only have to charge it every other cut. Lovly Jubbly as they say.

    Was it the blue one for £219, bit over my budget

  • JoeXJoeX Posts: 1,504
    ann461 said:
    Yes, that’s it and yes this May.

    They sell a larger version as well.  Mine lasts just long enough to do my lawn which is three fence panels wide, six fence panels deep or just under 160m2 as below:


    For me, a light mower I can quickly run over the lawn twice a week it’s fine. Surprising how quick it is without dealing with cables.

    For someone a bit more serious about their grass, and lawn quality, I doubt they’d be satisfied.

    Plus I just bought the hedge trimmer skin on sale, so now I’ve got a cordless trimmer for only £27. :)
  • stewyfizzstewyfizz West BromwichPosts: 161
    ann461 said:
    stewyfizz said:
    I bought a cheap ish Spear and Jackson one from Argos in the spring. Mowing the lawns is now a 20 minute job rather than an hour, and most of that was unwinding/rewinding extension lead and stopping and moving the power cable. Battery seems fine on this one. Only have to charge it every other cut. Lovly Jubbly as they say.

    Was it the blue one for £219, bit over my budget

    Mine is this one http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7596696?storeID=136&cmpid=GS001&_$ja=tsid:59156|acid:444-797-0832|cid:596650041|agid:28594643125|tid:pla-441982996316|crid:95889911485|nw:g|rnd:3767981184697015660|dvc:m|adp:1o1|mt:|loc:9045471&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIx-GS_eCk3QIVjLTtCh0YAApEEAQYASABEgIQYPD_BwE

    Have had no issues and it does the job. Only slight gripe is that the attachment for the grass collector seems a little flimsy, but it still collects the clippings so no real bother.
    Gardening. The cause of, and solution to, all of my problems.
Sign In or Register to comment.