How to resize an image
How to resize an image file
From here you will learn how to resize an image before you upload it to the forum, so that it can be posted within the forum's 6MB limit.
There are many websites which will assist you in resizing your image, but one of the easiest websites to do this with is simpleimageresizer.com (you may wish to save it as a bookmark to save looking it up if you post images regularly).
1. Head to simpleimageresizer.com.
2. Upload your image file by pressing the blue Select image button, circled in red:
2. Choose the percentage you'd like to decrease it by, by dragging the green square (circled) left or right:
3. Then, click the green Resize button (circled in the above picture).
4. Finally, click the green Download button (circled), inside the green banner:
Note: you will need to know the size of your image beforehand to determine how much you need to resize it by. For example, if it is 10MB, you can reduce it by 50% to make it 5MB, which is within the forum's 6MB limit. You can find out how large your image is by right-clicking it, and then viewing its 'Properties' or 'Info'. Judging by the sizes of most images which are uploaded to this forum, reducing it by 50% should be fine. You can always resize it again if it is still too big for the forum.
Aside from online resizers, there are other ways to resize your image:
1. By changing the settings on your camera so that it takes smaller files. You can check your camera's user guide for info on how to do this.
2. By taking a screen shot of your image, cropping it and then uploading the screen shot instead of the full size image. You can find out how to take a screen shot by checking your device's user guide.
3. Some devices allow you to compress images when emailing them to a size of your choosing. You can use this functionality to email your image to yourself, and then downloading the compressed file back on to your device.