Recommendation please ...

Bee witchedBee witched Scottish BordersPosts: 444
Hi Folks,
One of our sheds was poleaxed during the winter by a large slab of ice falling from the roof.
We are thinking of buying one of those large plastic storage boxes to replace it.
It will be tucked out of the way so it doesn't need to be a thing of beauty ... but I would like it to be waterproof.
Has anyone got one of these ... and has it stayed dry?
Many thanks,
Bee x
  image  Bees must gather nectar from two million flowers to make one pound of honey 

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 3,285
    Yes and no is the answer. We bought one about 5 or 6 years ago to store a recliner chair and at first it was fine. Eventually however the plastic back started to buckle (it's south facing so gets hot) and doesn't align with the lid any more. I am assuming rainwater now gets in through the gap but can't check because we have lost the key to the lock! 
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 3,285
    Should have added that they may be better made these days, they were fairly new then.
  • Bee witchedBee witched Scottish BordersPosts: 444
    Thanks Lizzie .... it will be on a north wall ... so should be safe from the sun. 
    Shame about locking it and losing the key ... sort of thing I'd do rolleyes  
    Bee x
      image  Bees must gather nectar from two million flowers to make one pound of honey