Forum home Plants

Cannas again - sorry

GrajeanGrajean Posts: 350
 My cannas have still not sprouted! Is there any chance they will do so, I have now kept them on the dry side and warm.

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 11,281
    How long have they been planted?
    Mine were started inside, at the beginning of March and are now about 6 - 9 inches tall.
    He calls her the chocolate girl
    Cause he thinks she melts when he touches her
    She knows she's the chocolate girl
    Cause she's broken up and swallowed
    And wrapped in bits of silver
  • Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 8,538
    Not much consolation, but neither have mine.
    I planted on 4 April in damp MPC in big pots and kept them under the dining room table - as you do. Curiosity got the better of me on Sunday, so I gently dug 1 tuber up, there was a single long root on it and a pea-size sprout on the tuber. So it has started to move - I'm just hoping it's not a Christmas flowering variety :)
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • pitter-patterpitter-patter Posts: 1,816
    Mine are only now beginning to sprout, I wouldn’t worry about it too much. Try to gently remove some of the soil to see if there’s any sign of growth. I was getting worried a week ago so that what I’ve done. 
  • Fran IOMFran IOM Posts: 1,730
    Mine have been outside in the ground all winter and I wasn't expecting them to survive
    and what was left just crumbled away completely dead. I was going to dig them up and
    have just noticed there is new life coming up so it will be interesting to see what happens. If mine can survive all the bad winter weather @grajean I am sure yours should be ok. I hope so.
  • GrajeanGrajean Posts: 350
    Thanks everyone - patience required I guess.