Forum home Garden design

Recommendation for Garden Building Company

We are looking at maybe putting a summerhouse/log cabin garden building down at the sunny end of the garden but we can only fit it about 2.5m front to back. It'll be near the fence so needs to be less that 2.5m tall. Any suggestions for companies to look at, or indeed avoid?

• LG_LG_ SE LondonPosts: 4,051
    We used http://www.beastsheds.co.uk to get a shed exactly to the shape / size / orientation we wanted. Not cheap, but it was great to be able to specify exactly what we needed, and delivery & installation was included. The guys who delivered and installed knew what they were doing and we've been really happy with the product. Not a summer house, but they do those too.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • Janet523Janet523 SW ScotlandPosts: 18
    I used Tuin, they have a large selection of garden buildings at a fraction of the price you will see in garden centres and of a better quality of wood. We got this summerhouse last year for not quite half the cost as it would have been from the garden centre and thicker wood.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 33,334
    Steve, lovely to see you back. How are you ? Long time no see. 
    @Janet523, that's lovely.
    Devon.
  • Yes Janet, that is lovely.

Hi Hosta, I've been off here for ages as I don't really like the new forum format. I hate that to get to the last posting in a thread you have to manually keep clicking. It is inelegant! How have you been?

We seem to be moving towards the idea of a Johnson's garden building as there is a showroom nearby and all the reviews I see seem to be good.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 33,334
    Steve, when you click on a thread you've not visited for a while, look for the page numbers at the bottom and click on the highest page number, that'll get you pretty close to the most recent posting. 
    I know I've not lived there for a while, but Bourne Buildings at the Shepherd and Flock roundabout in Farnham used to have a huge range of garden buildings.
    Have things calmed down at work now? I do hope so.

Devon.
  • Janet523Janet523 SW ScotlandPosts: 18
    Thank you Steve the gardening vet and Hostafan1. We also visited a garden centre prior to buying our summerhouse. The same style building was 28mm thick wood and would have cost us in excess of 5k, I did a bit of research and found the same building but 45mm for 2.7k from Tuin. Ordering and delivery was very easy and painless and customer services was exceptional if you had any queries. We built the summerhouse ourselves it only took 3 days from start to finish. Tuin is a company I would highly recommend.
  • LG_LG_ SE LondonPosts: 4,051
    We looked at Tuin too, and had some correspondence with them. Although we didn't use them in the end, all the dealings I had with them seemed very professional and trustworthy - it's good to know that was a correct impression.

Steve, once you've done as Hosta says above, the next time you visit that thread you will be taken straight to the first post you haven't yet seen. You don't have to remember where you got to :)
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • StevedaylillyStevedaylilly Posts: 1,087
    I would have a look at solid sheds as they do garden building of various designs. I had a 10' x 6' pitched roof shed supplied and fitted from them. They are built to last and very good workmanship. Not the cheapest but I believe you get what you pay for 
  • An update. We have ordered one from Rockwood Garden Studios!
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,298
    edited June 2018
    Hi Steve  :)

Good to see you!

I hope you've discovered by now that once you've visited a thread once you get taken automatically to the last thread you read ... just as we were asking for  :)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh