Can you identify these plants?

mattgardenmattgarden Posts: 108
Hi everyone. Really like the mix of plants in this photo. Can anyone help to identify them please? 

• mattgardenmattgarden Posts: 108
    We particularly like the ones at the front nearer the wall
  • BorderlineBorderline Posts: 3,344
    The large spikey plants with flower stalks in the middle are Yucca plants, possibly Filamentosa or Gloriosa variegated. The low front grasses look like Carex 'Ice Dance'. The darker low grasses further back in the middle section could be Festuca Glauca. 
  • DimWitDimWit Posts: 553
    It is a rather xeriscape garden. The grass-like stuff is probably Ophiopogon japonicus 'variegatus' (not really a grass, rather a lily). The tough-leaved big one might be Yucca gloriosa 'variegata' (may take a few years to bloom...). There are small blue fescue (Festuca glauca)  mounds beyond, and euphorbias (I believe) I can't name.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • mattgardenmattgarden Posts: 108
    Thank you for all your help. So useful. I agree, I love the layout
  • hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 3,965
    Interesting that the beds seem to be built against the fence at the back with no retaining wall there. One rotted fence in years to come unless it is somewhere naturally dry like the desert. Or perhaps it is just a show garden which ain't real life!
    'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 4,339
    hogweed said:
    Interesting that the beds seem to be built against the fence at the back with no retaining wall there. One rotted fence in years to come unless it is somewhere naturally dry like the desert. Or perhaps it is just a show garden which ain't real life!
    I can see a bit of light coming under the fence to the left so it might just be at a higher level and they've bark chipped too close to the base of the panels.

I'd want to brighten that planting up a bit. Maybe some chives and sea thrift or similar armeria species. Keep the foliage theme but with some nice flower spikes. Maybe stick to the white flower varieties to keep the modern look to it.
  • DimWitDimWit Posts: 553
    I agree. The look is just too sterile, rather for a commercial environment. One will get sick of it soon.