Forum home Plants

Mystery plant

smallswansmallswan Posts: 86
Can anyone tell me what this might be please? It is growing in an established garden in Somerset, and has invaded a flight of stone steps.  No flowers yet.  Thanks

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • smallswansmallswan Posts: 86
    Thank you: I like slow invasions as I can keep up with them in my old age!
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,779
    coo, lucky you. Those slabs look like they could be carefully lifted and the rodgersia removed . 
    I'd love an " invasion" of rodgersia. 
    Devon.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,779
    I've bought about 3 R. podophylla in the past , in a previous garden, but they didn't like it there. Maybe I should try them here in good damp Devon?

Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,825
    I've tried to grow Rodgersia in a couple of gardens, but I've not had anywhere damp enough  :(
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• I've tried to grow Rodgersia in a couple of gardens, but I've not had anywhere damp enough  :(
    You may have by the end of the afternoon given today's forecast.
    “Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.” Winston Churchill
  • DampGardenManDampGardenMan Posts: 1,057
    I've tried to grow Rodgersia in a couple of gardens, but I've not had anywhere damp enough  :(
    We tried one in a very damp place last year (a stream bank) and it "died" within a week. Whipped it out, popped it in a pot and, thankfully, it's coming back this year. So damp, but not wet it seems.