Looks like some areas in the South-East close to frost...

FireFire LondonPosts: 5,276
.... who would have thought it was 28oC here two weeks ago. :/

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 14,579
    Serves you all jolly well right for being such a lot of show offs.

We are still chuntering along at a steady 5°C as we have been since January....
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 8,186
    I shall be very sad if we lose all our wisteria and fruit blossom like we did last year  :(

But at least I can take comfort in the fact that I “deserve” it for being a Southerner  o:)
    We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,236
    Hear Hear Pansy.
    (Sorry about your plants chicky  I've lost long established plants this Winter and it's kack!).
    It's forecast to get to 11° and I'm worrying about heat stroke! I daren't put my seedlings out in that. They'll scorch!
  • Mark56Mark56 Windsor, BerkshirePosts: 1,653
    The GC's will be rubbing their hands together after the frosts hit the bedding plants ;) 
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 13,531
    That’s why they sell the bedding as early as March/April, happens every year.
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• MarlorenaMarlorena East AngliaPosts: 2,158
    I have a +2C forecast for tonight.  Not something I'm going to worry about, even though all my bedding has long been planted out.  If it was -3C I might be concerned, but this temp only lasts an hour or two, and the sun rises early...  so I see no point in being doom laden about it, unless you're in the far north and don't take precautions..
    Last year at this time I had a -5C and got away with it, just...
  • Tin potTin pot Posts: 744
    Hopefully no worse than 4° tonight
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 5,276
    edited April 2018
    Last night it was forecasting 2oC in central London, but it's rising a little.
  • 1634 Racine1634 Racine Posts: 347
    Temperature is the least of my worries here on the Kent/East Sussex border today.  The rain has been relentless and very heavy at times.  I have pooling water in my borders and on some newly laid turf.  Praying the sun comes out tomorrow 
  • FlinsterFlinster Posts: 744
    And there was me looking at my pumpkins and courgettes thinking ‘go on, plant them out’ lol! Actually I think 3 is the lowest for us all week. I was more concerned about my alliums snapping in the 50mph winds... which turned out to be a slightly gusty afternoon lol!