Forum home Tools and techniques

spiral plant supports

Managed to get my spiral plant supports on the delphiniums before they became too large.
Must have bought these from the Shrewsbury flower show 6-7 yrs ago and it's their first outing.

• Blue OnionBlue Onion Posts: 2,492
    What a fun shape!  I wonder if I could DIY them from some thick gage wire I have left over from stringing my cane fruit.  I'm tempted to spray paint them bright blue!
    Utah, USA.
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 3,875
    I have got a few no idea where I got them from, the only trouble I find where we live is they arent very stable, the "prongs" arent very lon, last year I put bricks on the bottom of them to keep them still beause they also have rather a tendency to "spring" about.
  • IgrowfromseedIgrowfromseed Posts: 151
    I have got a few no idea where I got them from, the only trouble I find where we live is they arent very stable, the "prongs" arent very lon, last year I put bricks on the bottom of them to keep them still beause they also have rather a tendency to "spring" about.

Replace prongs with bamboo canes and use tent pegs to secure to ground
  • Mungo94Mungo94 Posts: 1
    These spirals are called 'Twisters' and were marked down to half price in my local Wyevale at the weekend, £7.50 for a pack of 3. I bought a pack as they looked useful, currently thinking to train my Tomatillos in them (but the plants are so small at the moment and I haven't grown them before so I'm not sure they'll ever fill them!)