Forum home The potting shed

D

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 6,067
    I always remember Victoria Wood in "Dinnerladies" - her character Bren couldn't pronounce Millenium. It was "Minnelium". When l had to use it l always had to think twice after that.
  • The_herpetologistThe_herpetologist West YorksPosts: 475
    Don't worry B3. I'm the king of the typos. I once sent an email to a female colleague which included the line 'I know how busty you are' thinking I'd typed 'I know how busy you are' (the problem was...she happened to be very busty indeed!).

On another occasion, I sent an email to all my staff and signed it off 'Retards....', thinking I had written 'Regards..." Which was even worse given my job at the time (Learning Disability Service Manager). 
  • B3B3 Posts: 12,724
     :/:o:D  
    In London. Keen but lazy.
     :o  :D
  • raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 3,825
    Don't worry B3. I'm the king of the typos. I once sent an email to a female colleague which included the line 'I know how busty you are' thinking I'd typed 'I know how busy you are' (the problem was...she happened to be very busty indeed!).

On another occasion, I sent an email to all my staff and signed it off 'Retards....', thinking I had written 'Regards..." Which was even worse given my job at the time (Learning Disability Service Manager). 
    You must be glad that floppy discs have been consigned to history. So many opportunities for accidentally inappropriate remarks. DVDs are much safer
    “This isn't life in the fast lane, it's life in the oncoming traffic.”
    ― Terry Pratchett
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 5,896
    Great thread.   :D
    I like the spoonerism which appeared on an "out-takes" TV programme.  Serious news lady talking about drugs came up with the phrase "hypodeemic nerdle".
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • Daisy33Daisy33 LondonPosts: 1,030
    A "hypodeemic nerdle", ROFL. Now that really ought to be a piece of medical equipment.
    I mean who doesn't want their hypodeems nerdled? :D

• FireFire LondonPosts: 6,273
    edited May 2018
    Mr Malaprop, you'll be casting nasturtiums next.

Retards.

Fire. x
    Have you seen what predictive text does to nasturtium? :o
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 6,273
    :D My mind is afraid to boggle.