Hibiscus not flowered

Hi. I have a hibiscus that has not flowered since I bought it, it is 2 years old. I cut it down earlier in the year intending to dig it up and it is now trying to sprout. I need to make the decision whether I get rid of it. Is there any possibility that it may flower this year  

• FireFire LondonPosts: 5,304
    Is it in a greenhouse?
  • Daisy33Daisy33 LondonPosts: 1,026
    It is far too early in the year for Hibiscus to be flowering, mine still look like twigs. Also not too surprising not to have flowers for the first few years. They don't take up too much space, at this stage, I would give it a chance. :)
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 13,880
    I’ve had one in a pot for 7 years, never flowered, I’ve now put it in the open ground, see what happens. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• The hibiscus is in the garden 
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 13,880
    Well, if mine doesn’t buck it ideas up then it will get a good talking to , then out, 😀
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Haha  
  • nultyphilip224nultyphilip224 Ireland,..The Midlands.Posts: 923
    I have a Hibiscus 'Woodbridge',..every year i imagine come Spring that its dead,..its the last in my garden to produce signs of life,..just today i spotted small green buds  :).

This Hibiscus is outdoors all year,..in a large container placed on flagstones and close to the house,..i do remember it did not flower the first year.

• I read that there are some Hibiscus that are meant for conservatories as they won’t flower outside as it’s not warm enough. 
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 5,304
    Some Hibiscus syriacus can be hardy enough to survive in a sheltered, south facing position.