Forum home Plants

Jasmine advice

bushell419bushell419 Posts: 2
edited April 2018 in Plants
I'm wanting to put jasmine in a planter and fix this to a wall so it can grow over the top of the wall. Has anyone advice on the best way to do this and what to look out for?

• BorderlineBorderline Posts: 4,627
    I hope you don't mean a planter hanging off the wall like hanging baskets. Jasmine plants will need a bit of root space to grow. If you are growing it in a large planter on the ground, against a wall, that should be fine. You can train it to grow up and over the wall.
  • Thanks for the reply. I was using large wooden planter boxes about 50cm wide and the same depth. I wasn't sure about potential water seeping through the bottom or causing mould against the wall? I'd then train the jasmine up and over the top of the wall
  • BorderlineBorderline Posts: 4,627
    edited April 2018
    Is it a stone wall? If so, I doubt it would be an issue. If it's a wooden fence, allow a bit of space for air flow. I don't have experience with large wooden planters, but you may need to line it and pierce holes for the bottom so water will drain. You may need wire of a trellis fixed to the wall or fixed to the back of the planter to help train the plant up the wall.