Forum home Plants

Brugmansia Dola Goldentrumpet

BrugmanBrugman Outside London Posts: 6
Hello, thought Id share a picture of Dola Goldentrumpet Brugmansia I took last year.
I'm a avid grower of this species and this double really stood out during the summer.
Im very much looking forward to it flowering again, it's for me a showstopper.

• pbffpbff Posts: 433
    That is stunning @w.meyers :smiley:

🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 15,853
    edited April 2018
    Are you in Holland?. I found a website with some stunning double brugmansias on it, but I wasn't willing to risk ordering from the continent. (Live stuff dying in transit)
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • BrugmanBrugman Outside London Posts: 6
    No, Just outside London. 

Always a risk but there are some genuine growers in UK that sell on eBay.  People I know have ordered from Germany without problems. Plants arrive needing a drink. 

I've built up my collection from doing cuttings swaps with friends from as far as America,as I belong to a Brugmansia forum based in the states too. But I'm hoping to see UK growers on this forum sharing their pictures. 

Good luck! 

• Barefoot gardenerBarefoot gardener Posts: 162
    edited April 2018
    Love burgmansia. I have two which I over winter in my greenhouse . They just showing signs of life now. I would love to grow more and have ordered a couple of new ones. 
  • nultyphilip224nultyphilip224 Ireland,..The Midlands.Posts: 923
    Wow Brugman that is awesome and a double as well,..same with yours Barefoot Gardener,..i did try growing from seed and all went well then overwintering was my problem as back then i had no greenhouse,..they are a big beautiful bloom to behold,..well done both of you.