Why don't subscribers get the magazine freebies? Or is just me... ?

LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,470
Is there a reason? It seems to be a bit random - I got zinnia and cosmos seeds in my magazine last month, but not the seeds the month before (coriander I think). And someone's just posted on Facebook about all the stuff in with May's issue - more seeds and gloves. I've got the 2 for 1 entry booklet but nothing else. Is it policy for subscribers not to get any freebies, or am I just unlucky? I only know about this month's because of that post on FB, and the coriander seeds because I happened to see the mag in a shop. What else have a missed?
'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
- Cicero

• Pauline 7Pauline 7 West Yorkshire Posts: 1,494
    Does the magazine come in a plastic bag?  If not, you could have a light fingered postman or woman. 
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,470
    It does. There's always a fair amount of advertising bumpf but, apart from last month's seeds, nothing else.
    - Cicero
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,344
    Sometimes there are special editions sold in supermarkets, they tend to have lots of freebies, gloves and the like ... but the magazine costs more than the standard versions. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Ah I see - so they're not really freebies then! It does seem random though - I would have thought we'd get seeds or no seeds, rather than occasional seeds. Ho hum.
    - Cicero
  • NoraWNoraW Posts: 393
    Hi guys,

Here's a response from our marketing team:

The value packs include extra items for an extra charge - the standard cover price this month is £4.99, while the value packs are £6.50 each. (Subscribers currently save 42% on the cover charge.)

We do run special offers and events exclusively for subscribers throughout the year. This month, subscribers can head to the Secret Garden, a subscriber-only area of our website, and enter three subscriber-only competitions. We’re giving away 4,000 bundles of seeds, 4,000 pairs of Briers gloves, and also a shed worth £1,500. Links below to enter the competitions…

For the seeds: bit.ly/2qUWydF
    For the gloves: bit.ly/2qUWVoz
    For the shed: bit.ly/2qXHg7V
    Thanks Nora - I hadn't realised about the price difference until Dove pointed it out and since then I've been feeling less hard done by ;)

I can never be bothered to enter competitions, tbh, I'd prefer just getting the freebies (but not for the extra money - if I'm going to actively spend I'll choose my own). I didn't really want 'exclusive subscriber-only' things, just what everyone else (I thought) was getting! Turns out they weren't. I am content.

Incidentally, I regularly use a GW freebie plastic trowel and hand fork from when I used to get the magazine about 15-20 years ago. And this weekend I realised, for the first time that the ends of the handles are not just a different colour for decorative purposes - each one unscrews to reveal a dibber! I was delighted as only last week I mislaid the perfect little (freebie) dibber I've been using for YEARS. Little things, eh? 
    - Cicero