Any suggestions for planting

I've been working on my south facing garden for the last year, transforming it from a bramble jungle to what you see below. I've planted a few things but im not really hsppy with it. The truth is that I have no idea what to plant in it... Any suggestions???

• Blue OnionBlue Onion Posts: 1,783
    What fun retaining walls!  What is your soil type and location?  What sort of plants and garden styles interest you?  Are you into flowers, veg, shrubs, and/or trees?  Cottage garden or more formal?
    Utah, USA.
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 2,408
    What an achievement! Have you done all that yourself?  If it were mine, I'd want to add a raised ornamental pond at the top end, with a tinkly little fountain, and a rill to carry the overflow down to an informal wildlife pond in that lower curve.
  • Great idea, ill look into that. 
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 3,695
    Long gardens work well if you can break them up into a series of spaces. Some taller planting will reduce the visual length and give shade to areas in the middle which will give you little micro-climates to work with as well.

I'd plant scented plants and herbs all along that pathway so you brush them while walking and use the fence posts to suspend smaller plants at eye level where you can see the small details, stuff like sedums or whatever you're into.