Caterpillar id?

BijdezeeBijdezee Bruges, BelgiumPosts: 759
Any know which butterfly or moth this might be plz? It is on bronze fennel. Looks a bit like it might be pupating. 

• BijdezeeBijdezee Bruges, BelgiumPosts: 759
    edited April 2018
    Oops forgot the photo  - there we are  :)
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,118
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Thanks for the link Dove. It could be that one but in the process of pupating so not looking at its best at the moment. Another moth for the bats. 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,118
    We love watching the bats ... we have a chalk mine close by which is designated a Site of Special Scientific Interest because it ...

"... consists of a series of abandoned chalk mines that were probably excavated in the early part of the nineteenth century. The undisturbed tunnels are now used by various species of bat which hibernate underground during the winter months. The bats have been closely monitored for many years and the site forms an important research site for longterm studies in bat ecology. Nationally, bat populations have shown severe declines in recent years and are given special protection under the 1981 Wildlife and Countryside Act. The tunnels are used principally by Daubenton’s Bat Myotis daubentoni, Natterer’s Bat M. nattereri and Brown Long-eared Bat Plecotus auritus. Up to 40 bats use the site with peak numbers occurring in January. A metal grille has been placed over the cave entrance to protect the bats from unauthorised interference. The surrounding woodland in the chalk-pit influences the micro-climate within the bat caves and thus forms an integral part of the interest of the site.... "

To get to the marshes nearby (we're on the edge of the Norfolk Broads) the bats fly over our house and garden, stopping on the way to hoover up our midges, chafers and moths  :D

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Its great to see them indeed. I dont know what species ours are but i think quite small probably pipistrelle.