Forum home Problem solving

At there any removable plant support for walls ?

for various reasons, I can’t drill holes in a wall, against which I want  to support an Actinidia

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 20,135
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • PalaisglidePalaisglide Posts: 3,414
    Anne, I would ask two questions, do you know they can grow 4 to 8 Metres 12 to 24 feet, and will it have full sun.
    They will grow in any soil as long as it is well drained they may not tolerate our winter temperatures.
    The obvious way is to put two very heavy stakes straight into the ground and then run wires across they can be kept quite compact as they grow up wards and tied into wires or the stakes. Like a lot of tropical plants they can go wild although I doubt it in our climate. hope this helps good luck.
    Frank.
  • Anne17Anne17 Posts: 98
    Frank, no I hadn’t realised it was such a beast ! I have it in a large pot on my balcony which may keep it in check, but may also restrict it
    thanks 
  • PalaisglidePalaisglide Posts: 3,414
    Anne. A large pot is Ideal and you can take a bit off the top now and then, the pot will restrict the growth and to keep it tidy push some bamboo canes into the pot and tie it  in. i have house plants in pots which would escape were they not restricted but we can still enjoy them. Good Luck.
    Frank.