Forum home Problem solving

Help!

There is a double fence (with a 5 inch gap between) on one long side of my new garden - I don't know why this fence is double, I have never seen such a thing. There was a huge Russian Vine growing up both sides of this fence. The neighbours have cut off everything their side and I have cut off everything my side and put stump killer on anything remaining. The problem is, the Russian Vine is thriving within the double fence - it is packed solid with it! How can I kill it? 

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 27,561
    Either spray all available foliage between the fences with weed killer such as Brushwood, being careful to avoid plants on either side or pin some black plastic along the length of the fence to cut out all light so it cannot photosyntheise and feed itself.  Be ruthless about cutting out any stems which appear outside the two fences.

You'll have to patient whichever your choose.   The latter method is more environmentally friendly but probably also a bit unsightly and may need to be there for months.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 15,853
    A double fence like that is usually done to reduce noise.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3