Forum home Problem solving

Housework...

So that’s it then. The gardening season has started, which means the housework season has ground to a halt lol! The washing is falling out of the utility room, pots are waiting in the dishwasher and I won’t talk about the dust.... inhaler anyone?.... 😊

• DampGardenManDampGardenMan Posts: 1,054
    Flinster said:
     which means the housework season has ground to a halt lol!
    Phew!
  • AnniDAnniD South West UKPosts: 11,021
    My best friend gave me one of those little plaques that reads "Gardening forever, housework whenever" . She knows me so well !
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,298
    You've just reminded me to change my 'Signature'  ;)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Valley GardenerValley Gardener Rhondda ValleyPosts: 2,705
    AnniD.   I love that saying!! Exactly how I live my life!!😁
    The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.
  • Valley GardenerValley Gardener Rhondda ValleyPosts: 2,705
    PS I take it this is official then Flinster??  😁
    The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,878
    If you have a large garden, as I have, with trees and stuff to prune and shred through the winter, you can defer housework indefinitely.
  • raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 6,336
    AnniD said:
    My best friend gave me one of those little plaques that reads "Gardening forever, housework whenever" . She knows me so well !
    My Mum got one for me that says 'Dull women have immaculate houses'
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first” 
  • YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 6,900
    Only do housework when I absolutely have to.  As long as the kitchen and bathroom are clean I don't care about anything else.  Washing only gets done when I run out of essentials (embarrassed emoji)
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 28,587
    I have OH on tap these days so we spend half a day each week cleaning house and doing washing.  How hard can it be?   

Still leaves plenty of time for gardening and other enjoyable activities.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • MarygoldMarygold Posts: 331
    I once saw a sign that said "Rain is God's way of telling you it's time to do the housework."  But what about all the 'indoor' gardening, I say!