Forum home Problem solving

Tomato disease - help!

Hi All,

I have a tomato plant (looks quite healthy generally) - it's nice cherry called F1 Chipano. Last year I had no problems at all with it but this year I see some strange spots on the leafs. Any idea what it might be? Looks like some viral stuff - can it be cured with neem oil or shall I just throw it to the bin? Regards.

• hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 4,053
    Did you grow it from seed this year or did you buy it? Do any of your other plants show the same thing? Are you in the UK as the plant looks very big and quite spindly showing lack of good light ? 
    The photos are not very clear - it looks a bit like mealy bug but it could be a viral infection as well. Hopefully someone else will chip in.

'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • Thank you for your reply. Yes I'm in the UK / London. I'm keeping all my tomatoes in a tent with HPS lamp (like last year) and all of the plans are from the seeds I bought. I'm planning to put them outside soon.
    This is the only one that has those symptoms and it might look spindly indeed because I had to remove the bottom layers of leaves as the disease is going from bottom up.
  • Just FYI if somebody has a similar problem - neem oil helped. Few days after spraying those lumps on the leaves disappeared and only some white spots were left in place. The higher leaves are fine so far.

Regards,