Forum home Plants

Plant ID please...

QasQas Posts: 29
I was blown away by this and wondering what its called.  Tempted to plant one out in our front garden too...surprisingly it did not have any fragrance...any ideas? Thanks!!

• BijdezeeBijdezee Posts: 1,484
    Camelia
  • HumbleBeeHumbleBee Posts: 105
    edited April 2018
    Thought it was something like Camellia Adolphe Audusson at first but then I noticed the flowers have white sploshes on them so Camellia Masayoshi?
  • Mark56Mark56 Posts: 1,653
    The white blotches look like rain/frost damage of the petals to me :)
  • YviestevieYviestevie Posts: 7,063
    Just don't be tempted to plant one where the morning sun will catch it. The buds tend to fall off when the sun melts early morning frost 
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • LynLyn Posts: 23,190
    There are several pink/white flowered Camelias, have a look on google images, type in pink and white flower Camelia. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,854
    If you wanted a fragrant variety, look at C. Sasanqua.
    Devon.
  • QasQas Posts: 29
    Aah, thank you for the feedback guys..i was able find this at our local garden centre...the big blown species are around 300 quid...but understandable with all the effort it takes :( 

i found smaller ones as well but wonder how long they would take and would they turn into these big ones too? They cost about 30 quid so much more cheaper...

Thanks for the tips Hostafan..i will keep searching for the fragrant one..imagen having such a big shrub in your garden and filling the air with beautiful scent!!  Mmmh...
    Thank you  so much fire for the tips..much appreciated!