Plant ID from last night's GW

Anna33Anna33 Posts: 81
During the feature on the garden in Sheffield on last night's GW, there was a really lovely plant which caught my eye. It was a tall white plant, which looked really pretty rising above the rest of the border. Can anyone tell me what this plant is? On the below screenshot, the plant is the one in the middle of the screen. Thank you!

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 19,444
    They looked to me like galtonia candicans - summer hyacinth.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • I noticed them too Anna, and also wondered what they were called.  The hole garden looked lovely - naturally flowing with many interesting plants and shapes.  I am sure if I tried to emulate this the trees would cast too much shadow on the rest of the garden. Thank you Obelixx for naming the plant.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 19,444
    The crowns of his trees have been lifted quite high and the flagged space allows plenty of light in too.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Anna33Anna33 Posts: 81
    Thank you very much Obelixx, and Guernsey Donkey - I completely agree about the garden! If mine looked even half as beautiful and as well put together I would be very happy!
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,710
    I loved the garden. Very much my cup of tea.
    Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,656
    Hostafan1 said:
    I loved the garden. Very much my cup of tea.

Mine too  :)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh