Forum home Problem solving

My moon cactus is deteriorating. Please help.

Hello,
I bought a moon cactus few months ago. When I got it, its green part was thick & fleshy, but now suddenly it has become very thin & it feels like there is absolutely nothing in it. 
Secondly, I replanted it a few days ago & I observed that, its roots are too small. Are their roots actually so small or is anything wrong with my cactus?
Thirdly, its lower part has become yellowish. 

Can someone please tell me what is wrong with it and how can I revive it?
Thankyou in advance. :)

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,108
    Can you post some photos to give us a few more clues please  :)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Sure :) 
    I'm posting pictures of its roots & the yellow part.
    Cacti don't usually have an extensive root system.  I'd just get that planted ... water it then let it drain and don't water it again until the compost in the pot is bone dry.  

Put the plant somewhere where it gets plenty of light.
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• @Dovefromabove Thank you so much! :) How can I get back its thick stem?
    I think it'll thicken up as it takes up some water ... but as I said, water it and then let it drain and don't water again for ages and ages ... they hate sitting in wet soil.  

• Thank you so much! I'm relieved :) 
    It's not guaranteed to work ... cacti can be finicky things ... but in my experience you'll be giving it the best chance of survival and doing well.   :)

• Thank you for your sweet words. :)
  • Moon_lightMoon_light Posts: 55
    edited March 2018
    @mother_goose Thank you!
    I really feel bad for buying it. :( 
    I think I should have researched a bit before buying it.