Forum home The potting shed

Beechgrove Garden - 19th April

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 5,966
    I like the presentation style of Beechgrove.  None of the histrionics and gushing over enthusiasm of some on GW.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,988
    Me too.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 8,703
    edited April 2018
    Me three ! I was fascinated by the original films they showed. Jim's orignal co presenter wearing a shirt and tie whilst digging. Those were the days  :)
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 42,520
    AnniD said:
    Me three ! I was fascinated by the original films they showed. Jim's orignal co presenter wearing a shirt and tie whilst digging. Those were the days  :)
    That was George Barron, Anni - they were a real double act back in the day! 
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

:) I can well believe it @Fairygirl
  • Blue OnionBlue Onion Posts: 2,832
    I loved the shirt and tie.. better than Monty's holey sweater he wore two weeks ago.  They man should be ashamed.. on national television.. with at least three large holes right in the front.  Surely he could go down to the charity shop and pick up something whole for a few quid, if he's short on change.  
    Utah, USA.
  • Forgot about Beechgrove. Must catch up and series link.
    Gardening in a shirt and tie...lmfao. Only reserved for weddings and funerals round here now.
    How times have changed.
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 5,966
    AnniD said:
    I was watching an old documentary about life in the North of England in the 50s.  Part showed an angling competition and some there were wearing suits and ties whilst fishing.  Times have changed!
    edited April 2018
    I noticed the state of Monty's jumper. Okay, he's in the garden so l don't expect him to look like a fashion model, but even my gardening jumpers don't have holes in them and I'm not on telly!  I suspect Mrs Don will have put it in the recycling - or he could use it to line a hanging basket. 
    Jim's hat (deerstalker?) on the other hand....