Forum home The potting shed

Beechgrove Garden - 19th April

• PurplerainPurplerain Posts: 1,052
    I record Beechgrove, but I've never enjoyed it. The land that they use is like a big park or a private allotment (which I think belongs to the Council) and lacks the intimacy that I enjoy on GW.

I have never felt that there is any chemistry between Jim and Carol even after all these years. Jim is very knowledgeable, but all his veg and polytunnels don't translate well to a smallish garden like mine. I manage a few earlies in sacks and some parsley and runners in pots and that is about it.

I have no interest in Communal Garden schemes, although I used to enjoy the Hit Squad in their red boiler suits, now defunct.

I'm afraid I am not a fan of Chris Beardshaw and I find his presenting skills very dull. Overall, I spend most of the time fast forwarding Beechgrove. We have a lot to deal with gardening in Scotland, but Beechgrove just doesn't do it for me. I am probably the only Scottish viewer who feels like this though.
    SW Scotland
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 31,669
     We have a lot to deal with gardening in Scotland, but Beechgrove just doesn't do it for me. I am probably the only Scottish viewer who feels like this though.
    That doesn't make your opinion any less valid than others'.
    Devon.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 19,940
    My guess would be that as they’ve had so much wet, windy snowy weather that there was nothing to show in mid March, 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 6,679
    Not a fan of Beechgrove either.  Don't like the presentation style nor the content and find it quite boring, sorry to those that love it.
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 SomersetPosts: 9,269
    Hello Freddies Dad, does that mean the birth rate's higher in the central belt!!!!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JamesOJamesO Posts: 230
    edited March 2018
    Looking forward to the return being young gardener learnt a lot from Jim and Carole and enjoyed the tips as well from Chris Beardshaw

Tip if you live outside Scotland just search Beechgrove in the iplayer after the 19th April and watch when you want to watch it instead of the Sunday morning slot.
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 5,007
    I enjoy Beechgrove as much for the lovely accents as the gardening as my mum was from Renfrewshire.  I must say CB is one of the few presenters who tells me genuinely new information from time to time, personally I like his quiet understated tone, but can understand it may not suit everyone.
    AB Still learning

• Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 7,736
    Am with you Allotment Boy, I did the begonia leaf cutting shown last year, never tried it before, with a ridiculously expesnvie begonia that says treat as an annual, not for £12 thank you, dug it up AND have managed new babies from it.  I think Monty is gentle as well, cannot ever imagine him swearing or loosing his rag.