Forum home The potting shed

Beechgrove Garden - 19th April

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489
    We can always dream Hosta...... :)
    SW Scotland
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 14,133
    edited March 2018
    no, no, it's gorgeous - very gentle
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 5,007
    It will be very welcome in our house whenever it starts. 
    AB Still learning

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 27,620
    Beechgrove is Aberdeen, not Edinburgh.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Nothing new then.  MD's garden is in a cold and wet spot that gets flooded in winter so his garden is often 2 or 3 weeks behind most of the rest of England and Wales.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 7,444
    Firefly's link reveals it started on March 30th last year.  Wonder why we have to wait another 3 weeks this year?
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
    No idea but I believe it was a week or two earlier than usual last year.   Something to do with Easter or maybe the schedulers?
  • plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,234
    I'm roughly level with Darlington and my Tete-a-tete opened last week. I'm not sure further-upness counts for much.  :/
    I don't watch gardening programmes, or any telly for that matter, but if I did I'd want pre season stuff.
    I didn't post on the MD (BOF) thread for fear of being banned for my comments but CB does get a politically correct yum yum from me.  :p