Forum home The potting shed

Beechgrove Garden - 19th April

ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 22,258
I know spring arrives later in Scotland but we have to wait for Thursday 19th of April on BBC Scotland or Sunday 22nd on BBC2 for the return of this excellent programme.

Looking forward to it and just wish they'd extend its season of broadcasts.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

• raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 3,913
    was it this late last year? I thought it started sooner but may have made that up. I look forward to it's return 
    “This isn't life in the fast lane, it's life in the oncoming traffic.”
    ― Terry Pratchett
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 22,258
    I thought it was earlier last year too.  At least we shall see more of Mr Beardshaw along with the 3 main culprits - http://www.beechgrove.co.uk/ 
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489
    Spring is much later up here so it would be quite difficult for the programme to start earlier in the season.
    SW Scotland
    Yes Joyce but they do so much in polytunnels and greenhouses and so on in order to protect plants and have winter crops of veggies that I reckon they could start sooner for other people to share what they're up to and there have to be some days when they get out to enjoy the snowdrops.
  • JoeXJoeX Posts: 1,357
    Indeed gardening is a year round task, they could easily deal with the more technical side of things, non-growing stuff or even just how to plan and prepare for the next year’s activities.
    Not too sure that Jim would like to be out in the cold but we could, of course, have Chris.....! 
    SW Scotland
    Exactly.  Loads of things they could show us and useful to all gardeners in Scotland, the north, exposed areas in Wales and the Midlands and even further south and lots of Europe too.   They're such a practical, inventive lot and I'm sure they don't wait till April to sow their toms!
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 7,184
    Goodness, how do you stay awake? The voices are like Oliver Postgate telling Bagpuss stories. Pretty much all of S39 is available. Highly recommended for anyone with insomnia or anxiety problems.
    Sorry Firefly, but that's the way most of us speak up here. A softer tone of speech than you are maybe used to.
    SW Scotland
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,165
    Joyce21 said:
     we could, of course, have Chris.....! 
    We can dream?
    Devon.