Image size test - please take part!

• Mary370Mary370 Limerick, Ireland Posts: 1,443
    All had loaded fast here.
  • stuart.dotstuart.dot Bromley, KentPosts: 127
    Phones are now able to take pictures you could blow up to street poster size, and they're getting bigger.........
    If people leave the forum because they're not allowed to upload huge pictures, so be it. Topbird is right, uploaders have a choice, those with slow broadband don't. 
  • Bagpuss57Bagpuss57 South West Posts: 254
    All images also loaded ok for me, it was a bit slow over WiFi but was able to read the information again before it loaded. 
  • Garden noobGarden noob Posts: 245
    They loaded slowly on my phone on mobile internet. It was tedious but acceptable.

When considering the size of attachments, can you do a poll asking what size people want to upload? For me, all I want to do is be able to take a picture on my mobile and be able to upload it without having to resize it. My phone's picture are ~6MB but I guess higher spec phones take bigger pictures. I might have thought 10-15 MB would be sufficient, with scope to increase later as technology evolves.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,690
    I don't use a mobile phone, I use a camera. Is that better or worse to view?

Devon.
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489
    I do camera to computer and pics were able to be seen.
    SW Scotland
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,690
    snap @Joyce21
    Devon.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 15,262
    I suppose with a camera, providing you don’t want to keep the photo and just take it for the site, can be reduced before taking. 

My ipad takes quite small photos.  I’m not bothered that the pictures are not tip top clarity as long as I get a photo of what I want to keep. 

Nora has already said previously that a reducer at source will not be an option on this forum.
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,606
    My camera can take a range of sized photos ... the large ones were too large for the old site so I changed the settings and used one of the mediums sized formats ... I've not changed it back since the re-vamp.  
    Mind you, I often use my iphone camera for pics on here ... they seem fine for this site but they're too large for another site I use and I have to reduce them to upload them there. 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

This discussion has been closed.