Image size test - please take part!

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,663
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,663
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 25,343
    All appeared instantaneously for me - as for Mark56 and Joyce but I also have super fast broadband
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 1,955
    All the images were there immediately for me too. On a laptop with standard BT Broadband. I refuse to pay for superfast as we are 1/2 mile from the box & it's all copper wire from there. 
    AB Still learning

• LiriodendronLiriodendron Todmorden, West YorksPosts: 5,330
    All photos loaded pretty well instantly.  17.2mb/s according to the speed tester (thanks, @Hampshire Hog).
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • Dave HumbyDave Humby Posts: 894
    edited March 2018
    All loaded instantly but I'm lucky and have a super fast broad band of 8+mb/s upload speed.
    I regularly check my speed with this speed tester to ensure I'm getting what I pay for.
    https://www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk/?&again
    It's download speed you need but if you have good upload you'll have significantly better download in any case, probably 3x.
  • hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 3,937
    Speed is 6.9 and 0.8 mbps. Number 4 was the quickest by far, 1 and 2 very slowly and 3 was the slowest by far.
    'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • Hampshire HogHampshire Hog HampshirePosts: 330
    Dave.

Not sure what happened thought I had put in the download speed its actual averages 52mb/s
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in."
  • Fif2Fif2 Posts: 68
    All 4 loaded but #1 was really slow & loaded. #2 & #4 were immediate and #3 was faster than 1 but slower than #2 & #4.
  • ShepsSheps Posts: 828
    All loaded slowly for me, especially No.1, but then my download speed is only 4.60 mbps with BT standard broadband.

As for file size, 5MB is way too big and needlessly large for web images that are just going to be viewed. Just about every image I have posted on here has been between 400KB and 800KB and 1024p on the longest side, anything larger is just a waste of bandwidth.

But, I appreciate that some are not able to resize an image for web use and download there pictures straight from the camera/phone/tablet, hence the larger file size.
This discussion has been closed.