Image size test - please take part!

• YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 4,874
    No problems here, everything had loaded by the time I had read your introduction. No problems with adverts either no idea why.
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,637
    No problems here, everything had loaded by the time I had read your introduction. No problems with adverts either no idea why.
    Exactly the same here. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 7,092
    No problem here.
    For me the biggest of many improvements, since the development of the new site, is the ease of loading photographs, before it was just too much hassle.

Thanks again for all the work that has been done.
    You wouldn't know a diamond if you held it in your hand
    The things you think are precious, i don't understand
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 17,550
    They all loaded slowly and it took a bit longer than it took to read the info.   

Thanks for looking into this Nora.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 5,090
    Yes Yvie and Dove, all the images had appeared by the time I'd read through the text, but I looked in at the thread twice more from scratch to assess the loading speed of the images alone.
    None of them appeared instantly on the page.
    Thats instant enough for me.
  • LantanaLantana Posts: 5,761
    The other 3 images had appeared by the time the first one had downloaded strip by strip. 
    The first response was from my laptop.  I have just checked on mobile phone and it was slower, but they all loaded in less than a minute, that's ok for me.
  • ButtercupdaysButtercupdays Posts: 2,609
    They all loaded for me, but took 8 minutes! 2 was first, then 3, then 4, 1 then loaded relatively fast as the others were out of the way. Like Kitty they all loaded together in strips, would possibly be quicker if I could do one at a time.
    I use Firefox but my internet speed is  only 0.3 Mbps.
    Just checked download speed is 13.6
This discussion has been closed.