Forum home Problem solving

Lacewing greenhouse

Has anyone installed one of these??!! 
We are struggling with the instructions, or lack of. And the pieces are not labelled with numbers- anyone help would be appreciated 😁

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 21,199
    Are these the instructions?

https://www.primrose.co.uk/images/GH1354A%20-%20GH1363A%20Lacewing%20Deluxe%20Toughened%20Glass%20Instructions.pdf

Did you buy it from Primrose?

The person who wrote the instructions certainly did not have English as their mother tongue, did they?

Have you contacted your supplier?

The instructions say that if there is any defect in the product you should contact your supplier to have it rectified. There is certainly a defect in the English of the instruction manual and I would be inclined to ask the supplier to erect it for you based on their apparent satisfaction with the product that they have supplied.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • Yes I bought it from Primrose. The instructions are diabolical, all pictures very few written words. 
    I have contacted them today unfortunately they were not open so sent them an email. So disappointed with them 😣
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 21,199
    edited March 2018
    They are usually reliable. I have used them several times. The instructions are appalling. Not fit for purpose under the Sale of Goods Act and all that.

I would really push for them to come and erect it for you or remind them of their 60-day cool off / return period with the implication being that you will refuse it otherwise.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • Will tell them that when i contact them on Monday; thank you 😁