Bare root strawberry plants

I have just received some bare root strawberry plants in the post. I have put them into a large pot of damp peat - as recommended by the gardening compant and they are now in cold greenhouse.  They are to be planted outside and the patch is ready for them. When/at what temperature would be the right time to plant them outside? The weather forecast is giving better weather from tomorrow onwards which is encouraging.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,699
    I'd get on with it ... any time from tomorrow onwards  :)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Yes, that is what I was thinking too Dove, although I think this cold front is going to linger over us for another 24 hours yet - so may have to put it off until Wednesday - I will decide on Tuesday morning just what to do with them.
    edited March 2018
    The thing is, they'll have been  chilled for some weeks to keep them dormant at the
    suppliers, so the cold weather won't damage them unless they've woken up by being in the warm ... so get them out there while they're still asleep.  
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 2,261
    I agree get them out as soon as you can. Mine came at the end of Feb (sooner than I wanted) got them in straight away. They are showing signs of growth. The soil temperature in the root zone on my plot is +10 even after the snow so they will be fine.
    AB Still learning

• I managed to plant one group of 10 (Red Gauntlet) this morning.  The bed was already prepared, so it was just a question of digging the holes, popping the plants in and once firmed well in I watered them then topped the soil with more rotted manure. I will do the next batch of 10 tomorrow.  I must admit I wasn't sure whether to snip the roots a little to encourage more root growth, so I did on just 4 of the plants - do you think that was the right thing to do - it isn't mentioned on the Gardeners World link - thanks for sending that Dove - it was reassuring to know I had followed most of their guidelines.
  • GD - your PM re Dianthus replied to :) 
  • GD - have just sent you another PM. Try checking your Spam box.  If it isn't in there , I don't know.
    If you still can't find it, post on this thread and I will start a thread on Dianthus for GD - bit long winded but don't know what else to suggest other than asking Nora for help ?
  • I have just sent you another message Philippa - this has never happened before ...... but I am itching to do something with your dianthus - they need some tlc for sure.
  • GD OK - I got your last PM but obviously you aren't getting mine.  To avoid further messing about, I'll start a thread Dianthus For GD and hopefully that will work.