Jamjar Posies - 2018

hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 3,438
I thought I would kick this off for another year. I so enjoyed the posies last year. We had some lovely bunches, even if not all of them were in jamjars!

'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller

• hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 3,438
    The smallest jam jar I could find. Nothing much to write home about at the moment. 
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 12,629
    I enjoyed this thread last year, but with this new forum I can't see many of the photos as I have poor Internet. The Garden Gallery is spoilt too.
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 12,629
    Waited a bit as it started coming up in stripes, can see it now, lovely in it's spring simplicity.
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Todmorden, West YorksPosts: 4,553
    That's lovely, Hogweed.  I think we appreciate the colour more at this time of year, when it comes in small doses.   :)

BL, it's hard luck you're having difficulty with the photo threads.  I'd like to resize my photos so they're smaller, but I'm not sure how... I'll have to look on line, I think...
    "Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change"    Stephen Hawking
    edited 19 March
    I always resize my photos for here, even now, so the photo I posted was the same size as the ones I posted on the old forum. I may mention to Nora that it needs a bit more 'optimization'. 
    I’ll try it again. 
    According to my resizer, that photo should be 900 pixels x 1200 pixels which is plenty small enough and the same size as in the old forum. I will mention to Nora. 
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 1,942
    That's a lovely start to the jam-jar posy year Hogweed. I loved the thread last year and it has inspired me to think about having a few more cutting-flowers for this year. 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 4,512

I hope this pic is openable on slow connections. Quince, grape hyacinth, tete-a-tete, cyclamen, iris reticulata, forget-me-not.
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 4,512