Forum home Problem solving

Cat repellant

I am not a cat person. I buried my little dog Taz about six months ago and want to plant a garden in his memory. My neighbors have cats that use my yard as their litter box. I am not home all of the time and do not ample supply of water to "just hose them down" if they come in my yard. But besides saying that, how can I keep cats away from the garden for my dog and my yard in general?

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 33,688
    Another £1 for me.  :D
    Devon.
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 7,728
    It's a question which has been asked many times, hence Hostafan1's cryptic comment.  Nobody has come up with any legal way to keep cats out of the garden.  If you want to protect a comparatively small area, spikey twigs or short pieces of bamboo stuck into the ground may do the job.
  • Very sharp pieces of bamboo, placed very close together, sound like a great idea. Thank you.
  • pansyfacepansyface Posts: 21,526
    Be careful that you don’t impale your own limbs on them and check your tetanus jab history just in case.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
    If you live in Derbyshire, as I do.
  • My "tetanus jab" is up to date and I won't impale myself on them. Thanks for your concern. Perhaps cat owners should keep their pets at home as dog owners are required to do. Just saying.....................
  • pansyfacepansyface Posts: 21,526
    My advice was based on personal experience.
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
    If you live in Derbyshire, as I do.