The blue 'Privacy settings' box in the bottom right corner is a new legal requirement under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). It can’t be dismissed or hidden as the idea is that it must be easy to access at all times should you wish to change your settings.

One of the downsides of being a cat owner!

hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 3,147
Could not understand why the letter 'i' was not working on my keyboard. Turned it upside down and thumped it a bit, to no avail. Started to look at ordering a new keyboard from Amazon and was just about to press the Buy button when I thought again. Went and got a stiff paintbrush to poke down between the keys and was HORRIFIED at the amount of cat hair I dug out!!! My 'i' is working fine now!! and I am sure the rest of the keys will thank me!
'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller

• FireFire LondonPosts: 3,472
    Biscuit crumbs have much the same effect.
  • ObelixxObelixx Posts: 11,841
    On of ours comes to visit when I'm at the PC and manages to step on keys in combinations I can't fathom but which do strange things to the screen or offer me options I didn't know existed.  Sometimes I have to re-boot to get out of it all.
    The Vendée, France
  • PurplerainPurplerain Posts: 328
    Aren't they wonderful? They have such endearing little habits, like jumping onto the seed tray shelf and carefully and deliberately knocking it to the floor as mine did last night 😡.
    SW Scotland
  • PosyPosy Posts: 1,117
    One of mine likes to curl up and sleep on seed trays in the greenhouse. However, the laptop suffers more from biscuits and toast.
  • raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 2,294
    I recall one occasion when I was little that the TV stopped working and the repair man came out and removed a good few handfuls of cat fur from the innards after which it worked fine again. The cat generally liked to sleep on the top of the TV. 

Reading that back, there are a few points there that would make no sense to a millennial. I'm not 27 yet, but I do remember when only very rich people owned a TV (ours came from Radio Rentals), and consequently when a TV would be repaired when it broke rather than immediately replaced, and when TVs were large enough pieces of furniture for a good sized moggie to sleep comfortably on the top. 

It's comforting in some way to know that cats are adapting to the changes in technology and still managing to get in the way. Plus ca change...
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time
    Sir Terry Pratchett
  • Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 4,078
    My downside is not having a cat flap.
    "I want to go out... No, I want to come in... Changed my mind, let me out again." 😸

I am also subject to the deliberate knocking over of things to get my attention. 

• PosyPosy Posts: 1,117
    That takes me back Raisingirl. Those big sets were warm - just right for a cat. Ours also liked the mantelpiece and would discretely push each other back and forth to get more space.
  • raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 2,294
    edited 19 March
    @Kitty 2 Another of Mum's cats used to do exactly what yours is doing but with the mantelshelf ornaments. Quite a few times the wedding present clock nearly died a horrible death in the hearth. Then Mum discovered Blue Tack and the cat was foiled  :)
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time
    Sir Terry Pratchett
  • Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 4,078
    I don't do ornaments @raisingirl, apart from a couple of candlesticks my mantel is clear of anything precious like your mum's clock.  
    Great offence is taken if we try to put up birthday cards and they are systematically swiped off, one by one 😼
  • Valley GardenerValley Gardener South WalesPosts: 604
    Do any of you cat lovers out there watch "Simons Cat" on you tube?
    Absolutely brilliant,it will have you in stitches!🙀
    The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.