Forum home The potting shed

Profound quotations

I feel this should be aimed at Nora:

Why do we have the profound quotations at the end of a post?  what is the point of this?  I do not remember this being in place before migration.  Totally pointless in my opinion.

Also I have to log in each time I go to the site whereas I did not need to so this before.  

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,443
    I'm sure Nora will answer this when she is in the office, but I think she will not mind my offering you a timely reassurance that the quotations/signatures are a matter of personal choice.  I'm sure you'll be relieved to know that they're not compulsory and that you will not be required to come up with anything ... profound or not. 

If you object to them strongly you even have the option of making them all disappear by ticking the appropriate box.

:) 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 3,905
    It's not Nora. It's some of us choosing to use profound quotations as our signature lines. You could set your own signature up to say 'Totally pointless in my opinion' if you wanted to
    “This isn't life in the fast lane, it's life in the oncoming traffic.”
    ― Terry Pratchett
    As for logging in and out, try logging in initially from the GW home page and then going to the forum ... you should then find yourself logged in for as long as you wish. 

To go to the GW home page click on the Gardeners' World.com logo at the top left of the page. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 8,530
    There is a profound Clint Eastwood quotation about opinions.
    Can you remember it?
    Did they tear it out with talons of steel
    And give you a shot, so that you wouldn't feel?
    And washed it away as if it wasn't real?
  • B3B3 Posts: 14,965
    'I tried being reasonable but I didn't like it'
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,165
    Opinions are like *rs*holes, we all have one
    Devon.
  • punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 8,530
    Correct Hosta, I have always liked that one.
    Did they tear it out with talons of steel
    And give you a shot, so that you wouldn't feel?
    And washed it away as if it wasn't real?
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 5,835
    My signature is very profound.... ;)B)
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • KiliKili Posts: 362
    edited March 2018
     :) I use this one because anyone who knows me thinks I'm a cynical old ***

'The power of accurate observation .... is commonly called cynicism by those that have not got it.
    George Bernard Shaw'

'The power of accurate observation .... is commonly called cynicism by those that have not got it.

George Bernard Shaw'