I have a cabbage palm tree that is over 20years old.I need to prune one of the branches as it is get

I have a 20 year old cabbage palm tree that is getting top heavy.When is the best month to remove a branch?

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 17,990
    I'd leave it until it starts to warm up a bit . The foliage will give some protection against the cold.
    Devon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Sheep.houseSheep.house Posts: 3
    Hostafan1 said:
    I'd leave it until it starts to warm up a bit . The foliage will give some protection against the cold.
    I have a 20 year old cabbage palm tree that is getting top heavy.When is the best month to remove a branch?

• Sheep.houseSheep.house Posts: 3
    Thank you for your help.The tree has 4 trunks and the weight of the additional branches are making it lean over.I just want to remove one of the branches,not take out a trunk.I will wait until the weather improves,snow here on the Isle of Wight at the moment.Once I have cut the branch will it leak sap? I don't want to lose the tree as its a nice feature in the garden.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.