Liatris Spicata

1235»

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 51,379
    Oh ... how did that happen?  :o
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Valley GardenerValley Gardener Posts: 1,178
    It did similarly to me,except it wouldn't post,so I wrote it out again,then they both posted!.....gremlins at work!

Your disappearing Liatris reminded me of my very first garden, I lovingly planted marigolds in a long soldier like row,only to find the next morning there was not a sign of them!  I didn't know about slugs and snails then........just babies and nappies!
    The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 51,379
    I remember those days ... when WonkyWomble and her brother were small.

All I can think is that my LS were a victim of last year's long hot spell (June?)  as I'd broken my foot that bed didn't get watered so maybe, as they'd only been planted that spring, they just gave up.  Wimps!  :/
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 19,944
    I've had them " go to ground" for a season and then come back.
    Devon.
  • Guernsey Donkey2Guernsey Donkey2 Posts: 5,330
    So there is hope for your LS yet Dove according to Hostafan, don't write them off just yet.

I tried to grow some from seed, approx. half of them germinated but then some fizzled out when a couple of inches tall. The corms were more reliable.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 12,212
    Slugs would eat them right down to the ground here if I didn’t take precautions. 
    Mine are no where near out, I bought some from Poundland and grew them from seed. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 
    Freedom’s just another word for nothing left to lose. 
1235»