Liatris Spicata

• KaymayKaymay Posts: 70
    Yes I had to restrict myself to 4 bags :D !!!!
  • Valley GardenerValley Gardener Posts: 1,527
    Guernsey Donkey,are your Liatris in flower yet?  Mine are close to it!
    The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.
    Guernsey Donkey,are yours in flower yet? Mine are almost there.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,473
    I planted a load last year ... they've come to nothing in my fertile free-draining loam ... not seen sign of a single flower. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• BijdezeeBijdezee Bruges, BelgiumPosts: 769
    Mine are about to flower. I was glad to see them come back after that cold snap. 
    Do you have no greenery either Dove?

I bought mine from Poundland,the first lot had ten in the bag,second lot,bought about two weeks later had twenty! 
  • I am glad that you resurrected this post Valley Gardener, as I noticed just today that the first few purple flowers are coming through - and out of the 10 or so corms I received earlier in the year approx half have grown, and one plant that I had previously has multiplied it's stems from 1 last year to approx 10 this year.  I will try to get a photo in a few days time when all the spikes are flowering.  I think I can count this as a successful plant in my garden.
    That's good news GD! I think mine are going to be a success too.

I bought mine from Poundland,the first lot had ten in the bag,second lot,bought about two weeks later had twenty! 
    I've just had a thorough check of the bed where I planted them ... not a hide nor hair of them ... they do not exist any more  :/
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

I've just had a thorough check of the bed where I planted them ... not a hide nor hair of them ... they do not exist any more  :/

I had thought that I might have overcrowded that bed ... apparently not.