Forum home Problem solving

Technical issues with editing profile

Bagpuss57Bagpuss57 South West Posts: 256
Please can you tell me why I am not allowed permission to edit my own profile, to add more details to my profile page? Every time I try to update my profile and save changes it says I do not have permission to do it! Why is this? 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,298
    I think a few people have found this happening to them ... @NoraGW is looking into it ... I'm sure she'll get back to you on it but it'll probably be after the weekend now.  
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Bagpuss57Bagpuss57 South West Posts: 256
    Thanks, it's not urgent but will be good as and when it can be fixed. 
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,878
    it does that for me so I just didn't bother updating. I tend to use groups and forums as I find them. If something doesn't work I ignore it :)

• Pauline 7Pauline 7 West Yorkshire Posts: 2,144
    Have you logged in and out of the site since the new one has been up and running? If not, try logging out and back in again.......That solved the problem for me.
  • Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 3,709
    Just found out that each time you want to edit your profile you have to log out and in again. Not really intuitive!
    Also I think I already mentioned this, the profile field is a box with minimal height which makes it difficult to enter a profile of more than one line. That profile field should really have a full editing facility, just like the post editing field I am typing this message in.
    You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,298
    edited June 2018
    My profile is eight lines ... the box just grew as I typed ... but I've not edited it for the past few weeks ... has it changed?

:)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• NoraWNoraW Posts: 393
    edited June 2018
    Thanks for letting me know about the permissions problem - I'll look into it.

The About me section unfortunately can't be expanded beyond the one line text box.
    Hello again,

I've been advised that the issue with logging out/logging in again to edit your profile is probably related to the recent cookie re-consenting changes. You shouldn't have to do this *again*, but let me know if you still have problems.
  • Paul NPaul N Bearsted, KentPosts: 303
    I also have tried and failed to edit my profile, with it saying "I don't have permission, etc, etc".
    Hi Paul, please could you send me the edits you'd like to make by PM, and I'll set them for you. Unfortunately this issue hasn't yet been resolved. Some have found signing out and then in again resolves the problem.