A useful site pointed out to me on the forum about plants to step on on a patio or steps etc

www.stepables.com is an American site but you can get the plants here. I wanted it for my steps am now going also going to have a go with my patio. Why grout it when you can plant in the gaps. You can select light medium or heavy traffic, light or shade or part shade and hardiness. 

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 20,999
    flag No1
    Devon.
  • raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 3,500
    That's not an advert Hosta - I pointed the site out to Wrightt in response to a genuine query asked - I don't have any connection to the site and as wrightt didn't raise it, I doubt they do either  :)
    It's hard to love, there's so much to hate
    Hanging on to hope when there is no hope to speak of
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 54,525
    Don't think it's an advert ... the OP is a fairly regular poster ... it is worded rather like an ad tho ...
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 5,090
    edited March 2018
    I don't think we need to flag this one Hosta. Wright is a genuine poster sharing advice given by raisingirl on this thread here ⬇

https://forum.gardenersworld.com/discussion/1010572/plants-that-you-can-occasionally-walk-on#latest

Edit: oops, I got caught in the time lapse wormhole, Dove and raisingirl have snuck in 😄.

• LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,382
    I'm not sure that this is spam. If I'm reading it correctly, it's the info that is being promoted rather than the commerce. ie: because we're in the UK we wouldn't order the plants from here but simply use the site to find the names of recommended plants for specific locations.

That said, the differences in climate might compromise the info somewhat.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
    I humbly apologise for any offense caused. 
    Devon.
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,382
    edited March 2018
    I may be wrong, Hosta!

Edited: I have only just seen the other replies!
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • wrighttwrightt Posts: 179
    Sorry did not mean it to sound like an advert but when raisin girl said to me look at Have a look at agroforestry sites for under-storey planting I found out that it was such a useful site I thought that I would attach the web address.
    Sorry Wrightt, It looked like so many postings we get trying to plug a company, worded so it wasn't being too blatant.
    I see now that it is not and that your intentions were entirely decent. Forgive me.
    Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 54,525
    Cake anyone? 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh