I.D. Please

plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,237
Hi all.
I found this on a thread somewhere this morning and would like to know what it is please.

Thanks, PP.

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 5,872
    Possibly Lychnis chalcedonica.
    Is there a powder to erase this? Is it dissolvable and tasteless? You can't imagine how I hate this 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 47,925
    I think Pdoc's got it  :)
    "...tea and toasted buttered currant buns, can't compensate for lack of sun because the summer's all gone..."   Autumn Almanac - Ray Davies
  • Muddle-UpMuddle-Up Posts: 11,484
    Looks like my garden, PP.  I've never known what it was!  Don't remember ever planting it 😶
    Aberdeenshire, NE Scotland 🌞
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 12,811
    It's very hardy - had it in the Belgian garden; grows readily from seed and self seeds; easy to pull up if it gets too much but didn't for me and, lastly, pollinators love it.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
    Is this the same one....looks very like it...

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 12,811
    Looks like it.  The colour is really good - I don't usually like orange but this is rich rather than brash - and the seeds are easy to collect for sowing and/or sharing.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
    Yes. :)
    Is there a powder to erase this? Is it dissolvable and tasteless? You can't imagine how I hate this 
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 12,181
    The type is generally described as brick red, it has an orange cast to it, but there is also a white form and a pink form. (plant world seeds)
    It's not a mess, it's a nature reserve.
    The one I have is a very bright pillar-box red.  
    The pink and white ones are a different species to the red.