Forum home The potting shed

programmes to watch

• didywdidyw East SuffolkPosts: 1,696
    We watched The Green Planet this evening.  Really good, but I would prefer a bit more in depth understanding of the relationships between plants in one place rather than whizzing about from rain forest t rain forest.
  • Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 3,998
    I find the musical accompaniment to DA's  shows far too overpowering. It sounds like  a full orchestral symphony playing which, for me, overshadows the programme sometimes, it's so dramatic. Plus, it is loud too and the spoken word gets drowned out with it.
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 13,908
    Not a programme but Wordle is unexpectedly fun. Free. A new word each day. Rather addictive. Absurdly pleasing to guess the word in four gos.

https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 19,863
    Usually in 3/4 @Fire,  I slipped up yesterday and didn’t get it in the 6th go!  Got the starting letter wrong, bad guess.
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 31,570
    I've never really noticed the music on DA programmes, it's just sort of There , in the background
    Devon.
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 13,908
    The Sisters Brothers. (BBC) I'm fairly sure that if had seen this in the cinema I would have balled my eyes out at the end. It's like a Greek tragedy on the nature of the stupidity of our species.   Very well cast, apparently a great book. Not so sure about the music.

• UffUff SW Scotland but born in DerbyshirePosts: 1,698
    Thanks Fire, I wondered what I'd watch this evening. 
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 4,469
    Caught a new Nordic noir last night “Dark Woods”, on More4, was pretty good.  Tonight at 9pm BBC4 a new crime thriller “Hidden Assets” - not quite Nordic/scandi but there will be some subtitles for the parts in Belgium so that counts in my mind! 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 4,469
    WinterWatch BBC2 8pm. 

Also enjoying bbc drama series ‘Rules of the Game’ (episode 3 BBC1 9pm, with whole series available on IPlayer). 

My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 31,570
    AuntyRach said:
    WinterWatch BBC2 8pm. 

Also enjoying bbc drama series ‘Rules of the Game’ (episode 3 BBC1 9pm, with whole series available on IPlayer). 

Great series. Loved every minute of it
    Devon.