Forum home The potting shed

programmes to watch

• LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 3,275
    I tried to post this the other day but the site wouldn't let me, then I forgot.

'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 8,096
    I was watching the introduction and thought " l don't remember seeing any of these gardens before. "
    I was properly confused. Luckily l have recorded it. 
  • steveTusteveTu Posts: 1,282
    Have a look at Together on BBC iPlayer.

UK - South Coast Retirement Campus (East)
  • didywdidyw East SuffolkPosts: 573
    @steveTu - we watched Together last night - brilliant!
    Wasn't it just. I thought the wife's monologue re the care homes was worryingly authentic.

In a lighter vein, did you watch Staged with Tennant and Sheen? The Beeb do bloody good programmes - I hope the yoof realise it before terrestrial TV and public broadcasting get swamped and sucked under by subscription services.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 28,524
    steveTu said:
    Wasn't it just. I thought the wife's monologue re the care homes was worryingly authentic.

In a lighter vein, did you watch Staged with Tennant and Sheen? The Beeb do bloody good programmes - I hope the yoof realise it before terrestrial TV and public broadcasting get swamped and sucked under by subscription services.

Not just the Yoof. 
    Plenty seem to knock the Beeb as much as the NHS but when you ask which provider is better and why, they've never got an answer. 
    I've been watching Time and Motherland  and loving both.
    I'm devastated that Sewing Bee has finished too. 10 hours of pure joy. 
    Devon.
    We have Time 'taped' - but Motherland was just brilliant eh? Kevin was a gem and Julia so bloody awful. So well cast and played across the board.

I've said it before as well (as I do) but if you have ten, ten minute slots watch State of The Union before it goes off iPlayer. I think I fell in love with Rosamund Pike's character. Simply done and just brilliant dialogue.

• didywdidyw East SuffolkPosts: 573
    Yes to Staged, yes to Time but haven't watched State of the Union.  Will rectify that!
    Agree that the Beeb does put out really good drama and comedy.  Though gutted that they cut The Mash Report.  The care homes monologue in Together was really on the money.  A local - very nice, very good - care home near us, where my dear mother-in-law spent the last two years of her life lost 21 residents out of 40 just like that.  Luckily my MIL was no longer with us and didn't have to suffer that.
    I really think they've played it well postponing any enquiry until next year - you just get a feeling that so much stuff is going to come to light and Boris is just praying that the vaccine is his get out of jail free card...the '....Yeh, but look at what we did with the vaccine to keep you all safe...'. My 2nd cousin has had problems with her parents both developing dementia over the past couple of years - but who would have wanted their parents in a care home during that time? Appalling state of affairs.

Give State of the Union the first three episodes to get a feel for the characters - that's only half an hour. I didn't see it when it first aired (for some reason I think the Beeb put it out around 10pm on a Sunday night), but saw it on iPlayer when my son wasn't around and started watching it - and ended up watching the whole thing in one sitting. Then I said about to my son, so I watched it again with him - and then I wanted a stop gap the other week and went back again. It matures with each viewing for me.

• AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 4,193
    Agree with all of the recommendations above. I’m finding Time very absorbing. 

Just catching up with Kate Humble’s Escape To The Farm. Really good recipes on there too. 
    My garden and I live in South Wales.