Forum home The potting shed

programmes to watch

1686970717274»

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 25,365
    Isn't a tip a timely reminder on how and when to do things whereas a hack is the same thing but cutting corners?
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Fran IOMFran IOM Posts: 1,350
    However, the big difference in usage seems to be that a tip is a technique that's straightforward and using objects as they were intended to be used. Hacks tend to refer to more creative techniques, where you use non-intuitive tricks or use objects for purposes other than what they're typically used for.

That was a quote from the tv mag and the above is quoted on google.
    Maybe all will be made clear if we watch the programme. :)
  • JemulaJemula Posts: 125
    New short series on Channel 5 - Kew Gardens: A Year in Bloom - starting on Thursday at 8 pm.  I used to visit regularly when I lived in the south-east so looking forward to watching, hopefully will be interesting.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 28,081
    Last night's " would I lie to you?" was hilarious.
    Devon.
  • JemulaJemula Posts: 125
    The Great Northern Garden Build starting tomorrow at 8 pm on BBC2, charting the story of the creation of RHS Bridgewater.
  • FlyDragonFlyDragon Greater ManchesterPosts: 753
    Jemula said:
    The Great Northern Garden Build starting tomorrow at 8 pm on BBC2, charting the story of the creation of RHS Bridgewater.
    I wonder if they'll include the shootings and drownings of deer that have upset so many locals. 
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 4,106
    Stumbled upon a new Nordic Noir drama on BBC 4 last night - the second in the ‘Those Who Kill’ series, this one called Blinded: Those Who Kill. Danish murder drama. 

New period drama BBC 1 at 9 tonight - The Pusuit Of Love. Adaptation of Nancy Mitford’s novel, set in the 1920s. 

Call The Midwife BBC 1 8pm, is a wonderful as ever too. 

My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 4,106
    edited 6 June
    Just starting on BBC 1 now a new drama by Jimmy McGovern - “Prison”. 

Also enjoying Scotland’s Home Of The Year and Great British Photography Challenge.

For relaxing and falling asleep too, I recommend Mindful Escapes: Breathe, Release, Restore - a nature programme. 
    My garden and I live in South Wales.