Forum home The potting shed

programmes to watch

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 23,330
    I tend to be sewing or doing embroidery while I watch TV so Scandi dramas, whether fictitious or based on real life, and with subtitles don't work for me as I listen more than I watch.

Gave up on The Serpent after less than half the first programme.  Didn't like it.  Prefer my villains to be fictional.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,531
    punkdoc said:
    Looking forward to that @Hostafan1. Always loved Russell Davies.
    Binged the whole series on Saturday. Not a barrel of laughs, but excellent TV
    Devon.
  • floraliesfloralies Haute-Garonne SW FrancePosts: 1,107
    A new Repair Shop on Wednesday evening I believe.
    Repair Shop is a total delight
    Devon.
  • floraliesfloralies Haute-Garonne SW FrancePosts: 1,107
    Isn't it just @Hostafan1 :)
    floralies said:
    Isn't it just @Hostafan1 :)
    I love the way they just stuff like " this bit is broken, so I'll take a bit of brass and put it in the lathe and make a new bit "
    Devon.
  • punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 8,815
    Really moving @Hostafan1. I was a newly qualified Dr.in 1981 and saw my first cases of AIDS the following year.
    Walk out to winter, swear I'll be there.
    Chill will wake you, high and dry
    You'll wonder why.
    punkdoc said:
    Really moving @Hostafan1. I was a newly qualified Dr.in 1981 and saw my first cases of AIDS the following year.
    I consider myself "lucky" that I "ONLY" lost 2 of my friends to AIDS. 
    I know guys who lost dozens of friends.
    Devon.
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 3,949
    The Investigation (BBC2) was really excellent (watched whole series on iPlayer, but parts 3 & 4 on tv tonight). Based on the true story of the murder of journalist Kim Wall in 2017, the underlying subject matter is horrific yet the drama was engaging and moving. The parents, police and divers were portrayed sensitively and warmly I thought. Another win for subtitled dramas being very watchable when of such good quality. 

Any recommendations for another scandi anyone?? 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • D0rdogne_DamselD0rdogne_Damsel Saint Yrieix La Perche, Haute Vienne/Dordogne border. FrancePosts: 2,761
    I enjoyed The Valhalla Murders. Very gritty, I did spend quite a lot of time behind a cushion, but good. There were some moments in the script/action when plausibility was in jeopardy, but on the whole I wanted to know whodunnit until the end. 😁

Unit42,a Belgian drama  been good too, it's in French (subtitled) so you could just listen @Obelixx, again these European dramas are quite gritty, I liked all the main characters though. 
    "To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul." — Alfred Austin